The new branch of ESRA in Petah Tikvah was created in February 2015.
Since then we have organised a visit to Sarona, a course with Magen David Adom, a talk on recycling, a visit behind the scenes at the Israel Opera and a workshop on taking photos with smartphones.
The picture shows guest speaker, Patricia, who came with her retired dog 'Pony' to explain about the Israel Guide Dog Center for the Blind.
Recent meetings included: Genealogy- researching your family with Chaim Freedman; A walking tour around Petah Tikvah and a talk by Susan Edel on the work of MDA in locating missing people; and a talk by Harry Pose on what his community in Australia is doing on the PR front for Israel.
An Arts & Crafts Group meets regularly. For details of the next meetings contact Edna email@example.com To read more about the group, and its founder, Edna, please click on this link http://www.esra.org.il/arts-and-crafts-petach-tikvah.
For 2017 we are building a lecture programme as well as a trip in the summer months.
On Wednesday 29 March 2017 we are hosting librarian Daniel Lipson who will talk on 'The Wandering Jewish Book' on the collections of The National Library.
English Tutoring Program (ETP) - We have 3 programs running:
- Helping students in the evenings with their homework in English at the Ein Ganim Youth Centre, 6 Hamaapilim.
- English class for a group of injured soldiers - Thursday evenings at their Moadon on Jabotinsky. (English teaching experience necessary)
- Preparing high school students for their oral bagrut
- “Soldiers’ Kiosk”- helping to prepare toasted sandwiches, coffee, salads etc. for the soldiers; collecting donated foods from the various suppliers. Also, keeping the kiosk clean.
- Each session is three hours: 7-10 ; 10-13 ; 13-16
- Please contact Esther 050-626 3326 if you can help.
Second Generation Holocaust - Volunteers needed to meet with children of parents affected by the Shoah who are now entitled to reparation. Listen and record their stories, and then translate them to English (or German). Wednesday afternoons from 4 – 6.30pm. Please contact Judith Rosen 052-6463269 or Esther Hummel 050-6263326
If you would like to hear more about our group, or volunteer in any way please contact
Chairperson, Miriam Crosbie 054-888-5459