Events & Activities

Events & Activities

ESRA’s community provides people of different age groups with different social and cultural activities targeted to their interests and needs, while also coming together through national activities that suit everyone.
We invite you to become a member, enjoy our activities, access personal support and feel the satisfaction of volunteering, wherever, whenever it suits you, knowing you are aiding Israeli society.

Do you need, or maybe just want, to vent, kvetch and be happy about your aliyah?

Wednesday, 24 May 2023 at 20:00

Mandarin Cafe, 20 Derech HaPark (near the park lake), Raanana

ESRA Members NIS 50 | Non-members NIS 65

Register

ESRA 40+
Join us for 4 informal meetings with a small group of olim where we'll eat, drink and chat about all that is great, and maybe not so great, about our aliyah.
Coordinated by Life and Career Coach Michal Merten

Wednesdays | 20:00 - 22:00
Mandarin Cafe, 20 Derech HaPark (near the park lake), Raanana

Wed | 24 May
No one promised me a rose garden: The thorns in our aliyah experience
How close to our expectations was / is our aliyah process? What were some of the “surprises” you encountered?  

Wed | 7 Jun
Falling from the ivory tower: I led a successful life, then I made aliyah - now what?
Immigration can shake the foundations of our lives, of our confidence and self-assurance. What helped you cope?

Wed | 21 Jun
The language of your dreams vs the language of your day
What is your funniest story about being “lost in translation”? What was the greatest difficulty?

Wed | 5 Jul
Something old / something new
What do we keep from our old lives, what new things did we learn from our aliyah?

Michal Merten is an experienced Life and Career Coach who has been involved with olim in Israel since 2009. In webinars, workshops and one-to-one meetings, Michal helps olim to prepare for the Israeli job market and advises them on how to develop skills that improve their klita.
Michal lives in Hod-Hasharon with her rescue dog, she is the proud mother of two sons and Grandma to four grandchildren. In her spare time she volunteers in her community, and is part of a Playback Theatre group.

Price is for all 4 meetings.
Food and drinks not included in the price.